The returning Veteran is a unique person with many skills and qualities needed in the workforce, yet many Veterans face challenges upon their return to the civilian workforce. Understanding more about these workers, the military culture they were exposed to, the conditions they faced while on active duty, and the challenges they face upon their return will help you successfully manage, engage, develop and retain this emerging new group of workers.
In this workshop, Supporting Veterans in the Workplace: A Guide for Retaining a Valuable Resource, you will learn how to:
- Describe the value of engaging and retaining Veterans into an organization;
- Identify the significant differences between Active Duty and Guard/Reserve in the Armed Forces;
- List the characteristics of the global war on terrorism since 2001;
- Define “deployments” and describe the potential physical/mental impacts to Veterans;
- Define the signs and symptoms of the mental (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and physical (Traumatic Brain Injury) impact of combat;
- Identify elements that help to ensure a successful environment for Veterans;
- Describe the seven attributes Veterans bring to your organization as a result of their military experience; and
- Identify transition strategies to support engagement and retention of Veteran employees.
Who should take this 4-hour, interactive course?
- Entry level, mid-level and senior managers
- Human resources personnel
- Anyone who has the responsibility of integrating Veterans into the workforce
Ready to get started with this course?
Contact us, or send us a message.
What people are saying about the course:
“Loved the workshop! It made me think of things I had never considered in the past.”
Renee, Senior Director
“Very motivational resource. Really opened my eyes to the Veteran’s needs. I highly recommend every company to implement this process. Thank you, BelKat!”
Denise, Registered Nurse